Green juice for glowing skin: Tip of the Day 7-19-22
Skin is impacted by what a person eats. If you’re looking to increase your glow, incorporating greens into your diet might do the trick.
Avocados aren’t the only green skin-loving option for you to glow up. Greens are high in vitamin A, which can help combat acne by slowing down the production of sebum. Greens also help flush out toxins and strengthen the skin's protective tissue. The vitamin E found in leafy greens protects skin cells from free radical damage.
For a yummy green smoothie recipe (courtesy of diabeticfoodie.com) see below:
• 2 cups baby spinach
• 1 cup baby kale
• 2 mint sprigs
• 1 avocado (peeled and seed removed
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
• 2 cups water
• ½ cup ice cubes
* Add your spinach, kale, mint, avocado, lemon juice, and water to a high-powered blender. Add the ice cubes last.
* Blend on high speed until the mixture is smooth.
* Optional: You can a 1/2 banana, apple or honey to make the smoothie sweeter