If you’re looking for a natural product that will gently cleanse your skin without the use of brushes, or scrubs, try a konjac facial sponge. It's made from konjac, which is a porous root vegetable native to Asia. You can use this sponge with or without additional cleanser.
Using a konjac sponge is often recommended for unclogging pores, especially with oily and acne-prone skin. A konjac sponge with charcoal (like this one) is good for acne-prone skin. A konjac sponge is also great for removing makeup.
Kojac is safe to use every day. Replace your sponge every 4 weeks if used daily. If used only a few times a week, replace after 5-6 weeks.
How to use:
- Soak the sponge in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes. This will help expand it to full size.
- Once it is full size, begin cleaning your face by moving the sponge in a circular motion, kind of like a massage for your face.
- Start in the center of your face and work your way out and up, avoiding the eye area.
- You can use a konjac sponge with or without a facial soap or cleanser.
- Each time you use it, you will need to re-soak the sponge first to soften and expand it.